Saturday, February 20, 2016

Skin IS in!

Hi Fabs,

Since I am approaching my 30's, there is so much more that I am mindful of when it comes to mind, body and soul. Gone are the days of not paying attention to the my overall well-being. One area that I am focusing on lately is my skin. I definitely grateful for the youthful appearance that God has given me but maintenance is also important.


A few years ago, I found out my skin type (combination) and that help me pick up products that cater to my type. But that doesn't stop me from picking up all kinds of products to test, because that's just my shopaholic tendencies.

There are many factors that play a part in your skin, including your diet. I have upped my water intake and noticed a definite change in my skin for the better. Lemons, apple cider vinegar and tomatoes are also amazing for the skin.  Also, SPF has become my friend. Many women of color do not believe in using SPF but it's 2016 and they are many studies out there about this topic. After losing a close friend to skin cancer, it has opened my eyes and made me more aware of dangers of not using sunscreen. I tend to use SPF 30 to 45. Anything higher does make much of difference.


This has been in my rotation!

Lately, I've focusing on my hyper-pigmentation and under-eye darkness. I'm gonna try out some new products and let you know what's up. By the way guys, I am no expert at all and I highly suggest that you see a dermatologist for skin's 411.

I'm thinking of starting a series on skin care, what do you guys think? Also, I would love to know your skincare secrets and favorite products?



No comments:

Post a Comment

//