Sunday, June 14, 2015

This Week in Review: June 8th-14th

Hi Fabs,

I wanted to do a weekly recap about random things this week:

Bad Customer Service- This is one of my pet peeves. This week I went to the Apple store on 14th ave  in NYC and dealt with a very unpleasant worker with a nasty attitude and it really worked my nerves. I dealt with servicing clients for years in my previous work and yes, some people were horrible to deal to with but I never showed an attitude to them, especially for no reason at all. That's a big no-no. Thats why I prefer online shopping these days.

Job Search- I am still on the hunt for a new job and let me tell you it's very hard. I have applied to dozens and still nothing yet. I am trying to stay positive because this can get very discouraging. But I have prayed and put it into the Lord's hands.

  

Touristy NY Things-While I have this extra free time, I planned to do a lot of NYC things that are considered touristy. I have lived here for my entire life and still have not conquered several things and the list gets longer and longer. This week I went to the High Line and Chelsea Market. Next, Coney Island.





Finishing A Book- In a previous post, I mentioned I was reading a book called, ""Fall for Him: 25 Challenges from a Recovering Single"by Brenda H. Rodgers. It has helped me to think of single life differently and how to deal with life as a single Christian woman. A great book for those needing guidance on how to deal with single life and your relationship with God.

Health- I have been consistent with my daily workout and I am so proud of myself. This has been one of the hardest goal in my life that I have ever tried to accomplish. I have been doing at home workouts with Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred. Jillian is so intense and I love it. This week I'm down 2 pounds. *cues happy dance*



Life Goals- I just read an article about the 80/20 rule (aka the "Pareto Principle). I heard about the 80/20 rule, most famously from the Tyler Perry movie, "Why Did I Get Married?" but I did not know that it could be applied to all aspects of life. From business to relationships to weight loss, the 80/20 can be used to improve your life. Check out this article for more on the 80/20 rule and Google it.

What are some of your moments this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//