Wednesday, May 27, 2015

IRL: Are Single Women Obsessed with Marriage?

Hi Fabs,

The average age for women to get married is 27, because I am 28 and my close friends are getting married this year, I cannot deny that marriage has been on my mind.  In this society, I believe that women are looking for more fulfillment in their overall lives than focusing on marriage solely. We are not the generation where it was the duty of women to become a wife and homemaker. Women are entrepreneurs, politicians and have ambitions higher than the glass ceiling. But is there still the idea, that a woman is sad and lonely because she is not married? I think it depends on who you ask.

This past year, I felt forced to reevaluate everything in my life, including my career and love life. I will not get in the work aspect of my life in this post, but as far as my love life, it is pretty much none existent. Not by choice, but I am okay with that. I have never been obsessed with finding a husband, because I believe that time will come and I am content with being the person that I am.  Not to say that I wouldn't want to have a significant other but I believe that focusing on who I am as a person and who God has put me on this earth to be and being completely okay with that, helps prepare you for that person who will come along. However, with that being said, my mind still does run away with me and sometimes I feel hopeless.

Since I am a Christian, I believe that God is who I need to be in a relationship with first and foremost. I discovered an amazing book that helps Christian women with their single-dom, it is called, "Fall for Him: 25 Challenges from a Recovering Single", written by Brenda H. Rodgers. Brenda guides you through the book through her experiences, daily challenges, questions and prayers to help you navigate single life while walking with Christ. Brenda is also the creator of Triple Braided Life, a website community that mentors young single women to live purposeful lives through faith.

I cannot tell you how much this book and website has helped me daily with the struggle of being single.  Thank the Lord for allowing to discover this website and thank you Brenda.






No comments:

Post a Comment

//