Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Seeing the Same Everywhere! Another "I Left My Job" Post

Hi Fabs,

Do you ever get the feeling that once you do or talk about something, you start seeing it everywhere? Well, that has happened to me recently. In December, I decided to resign from my full-time job at an investment firm that I have been at for six years. After resigning, I started seeing all theses articles/blog posts about "Why I Left My Full-Time Job". I started wondering if everyone was just discontent with their work or was this the Universe telling me that it is going to be okay. Trust me, this was one of the hardest decisions, I have ever faced in my life. To leave the security of steady paycheck, health insurance and 401k to not knowing what's next, is very difficult.

In a previous post, I mentioned that I was contemplating whether or not to leave my job and what's next for me. Well, I decided that it was best for me leave that job. There are several reasons why I left, but the biggest reason was lack of fulfillment. I decided that I would rather leave my job than stay and search for another position in an unfulfilling environment.  I know, everything online says that you should never leave a job without another having another lined up. For me, I didn't think that I was fair to me or my employer to actively be searching for a job on their "dime" and I had become totally disengaged. I wanted a fresh start and a new perspective.

I am afraid, nervous but excited. I do not know what is next for me. I love the freedom of making my own schedule and catching up on things I like to do. But I do have some moments, when I rethink my decisions. Not regret, but I replay the scenario over in my head. The uncertainty is hard to deal with at times but I am content that my faith and belief will put in me in the right position.

Thanks for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

//