Tuesday, January 6, 2015

In Real Life: Money, Weight & Organization

Hi Fabs,

As much as I love shopping, I have not bought anything for myself recently. Shocking, I know. Well, there are few reasons behind this.

Number 1: I am on a spending freeze. 
Number 2: I am on a diet. 
Number 3: I am in declutter mode. 

Ok, hold on while I tackle all three. I do what I consider a "spending freeze" at least twice a year. This is where I do not spend money on any non-essential items for an entire month. You are probably wondering is that even possible, I assure you it is horrible but can be done. I have willpower for the gawds, for the gawds. No, but also I do not open any retailer coupon emails, I leave them all in the "promotion" tab in Gmail, which is heaven sent. This helps a lot. And, check my bank balance everyday and look at the number. Psychological warfare. Also, setting aside a monthly budget for your essentials, you know bills, rent, etc.

Number two is the frickin' hardest. I will not lie, this is the first time I am really focused on my diet. This is also why I have not bought clothes recently because I want to buy clothes for my slimmer self (speaking it into existence). This definitely helps with the spending freeze. Right now, I am trying to pack more healthy stuff into my diet and more zumba and strength training into the my workout routine. You know, baby steps.

And last but not least, decluttering my space. Blame it on the New Year or my shopaholic qualities. Either way, I have a lot of crap! Clothes, accessories, and other random stuff, I have too much. So, being that I am in "throw all this sh*t out" mode, I am making more room for my "slimmer" wardrobe, which aids in my diet and spending goals. Currently, there are three piles by my front door, "Keep", "Donate" or "Sell".

These are not resolutions by the way, they are life goals. Just things I want to accomplish for myself.

Share your goals with me. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

//